Real life skills
A vibrant Primary course which has real world communication at its core. Engaging characters and stories provide authentic contexts for communication and a variety of extension and support materials ensures pupils of all abilities learn.
- An integrated approach to the four skills (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking) like in real life to ensure effective learning.
- Real-world content relevant to pupils’ lives and matched to their maturity to help build confident communication.
- Life skill development, through child-friendly tasks that encourage pupils to reflect and apply thinking skills.
- Flexibility for mixed-ability classes with:
- extension materials (in the Pupil’s Book & Workbook)
- support materials (Essential Workbook & Grammar Practice Booklet)
- communication aids (Communication Kit for teachers)
Alignment with the LOMLOE
At Macmillan Education we have accompanied teachers through several educational reforms, and the changes brought in with the LOMLOE will be no exception. As experts in education and leaders in investigation and innovation, we constantly strive to be by your side with the materials you need.
Ready for any scenario
The ways in which we teach and learn are continually evolving, making not just what we teach but how we teach more important than ever. In class, at home, or mixed modality, Macmillan Education can provide you with the 360º print, digital and service to meet your teaching needs.
Flexible learning solutions
Get the most out of your course with material that fits any teaching or learning scenario.
- Classic print books with communication-based activities.
- Pupil’s eBook for all levels – your classic coursebook experience – in an intuitive projectable format with audio and video.
- Interactive Digital Activity Books (all levels) and Digital Pupil’s Book (levels 3-6) providing a rich, customisable learning experience – compatible with your school platform.
- Pupil’s Practice Kit with interactive activities and multimedia content.
- Digital Teacher’s materials:
– Teacher’s Presentation Kit
– Additional resources and multimedia content
– Test Generator
- Extra resources with Advantage.
First rate technical support
- Digital welcome pack with quick-start online training + intuitive tutorial videos to get started with your new digital materials.
- Support for multiple operating systems and devices.
- Fast and friendly customer service via our free digital support phone-line with callback service + our FAQs website.
The Macmillan Education Promise
To help you teach confidently in any scenario, we provide ongoing professional development webinars, instructional videos and blogs on our website and via Advantage.
- Online expert training in a wide range of teaching skills.
- Rapid access to customised digital solutions for remote teaching.
- Access to additional resources for use in class.
How Heroes helps you create an inclusive learning environment
We know each learner has different strengths and weaknesses, and learns best in different ways. In order to build on individual capabilities, helping students to learn and teachers to create an inclusive learning environment, each of our courses provides a range of components and methodology that helps you to meet the needs of everyone in your classroom.
- Heroes strongly promotes the idea of community starting with the Heroes Club in Cycle 1, progressing to the Heroes Community Centre in Cycle 2 and then to the wider world in Cycle 3 where they invite contributions to their blog from children around the world.
- At the Heroes club, all children are encouraged to try out new activities and be supportive of each other’s differences.
- Inclusive values such as teamwork, helping people, living and working together and making friends are woven into the life skills sections.
- The wide range of extension materials provide teachers with the flexibility they need to adapt the level according to their classroom needs.
Heroes includes various supplementary materials to cater for differing levels:
- Extension materials at the back of the Pupil’s Book and the Workbook.
- Innovative support materials in the Teacher’s Communication Kit (Levels 1 – 4).
- Grammar & Vocabulary Reinforcement and Extension worksheets.
Want some additional practical tips and ideas on how to create an inclusive learning environment? Visit our Únicos page, where a range of experts share their experience and offer practical advice.
COMPONENTS FOR TEACHERS
Download sample material from Heroes and try it for yourself. We’re confident you will love what you find!
Have a look at a unit of Heroes to see how it can improve your classes.
Additional resources to supplement your coursebook: videos, audio files, flashcards, worksheets… giving you endless options for adapting your classes to you and your students’ needs.
A wealth of articles, videos, tips and practical classroom activities to give your classes that personal touch. Click below to see a sample of some of the tools you will have access to.
And much more…
Exclusive tools and resources to make the most of your classes and give you the support you need.