READERS FOR CHILDREN
Whether children are read to, supported as they practise reading or read independently, there are a range of intellectual and emotional benefits they can take away from this experience.
Reading improves concentration, increases fluency (both written and spoken) stimulates the imagination, broadens vocabulary, encourages critical thinking skills and promotes empathy.
We offer a range of fiction and non-fiction readers because we understand the importance of turning reading for pleasure into a life-long habit!
Macmillan Children’s Readers
A fun, cultural and informative series of readers.
Divided into six levels for children from six to twelve years old.
- Macmillan Children’s Readers reinforce the basic structures and vocabulary found in most Primary courses and make learning English a fun and informative experience.
- The blend of ‘Fact Files’ and topical fiction stories in levels three to six motivates the older children and appeals to boys and girls equally.
- A picture dictionary or wordlist and corresponding activity pages at the back of each reader provide a clear guide for learning key vocabulary.
The accompanying audio on our website give children a chance to listen to the stories while they read them.
Macmillan English Explorers
An eight-level series suitable for children aged between 4 and 12. Developed specifically for children learning English, Macmillan English Explorers expose children to real language and develop their reading and vocabulary skills.
A six-level series of reading anthologies specially designed to foster a love of reading.
Every level includes:
Student’s Book – Teacher’s Edition – Audio CD
Carefully selected stories, poems, and non-fiction texts for each level with a strong cross curricular element encourage children explore topics such as history, geography, science, and the arts through the reading texts.
Key features of the collection include:
• A wide range of writing styles and genres
• Beautiful artwork and photographs
• Reading activity pages with comprehension activities and interpretation activities
• Fiction and non-fiction texts in audio format
• Teacher’s Edition with reading strategies, photocopiable materials and unit tests.
Here you will find a broad and diverse bank of resources related to your books as well as a wealth of articles, videos, tips and practical classroom activities updated monthly. You can also keep up to date on online and face to face Professional Development opportunities.
Log in here and start enjoying all materials.
Additional resources to supplement your books: audio files, teacher’s notes, worksheets… giving you endless options for adapting your classes to you and your students’ needs.
A wealth of regularly updated articles, videos, tips and practical classroom activities to give your classes that personal touch.
Exclusive access to online and face-to-face events, with the option to watch past webinars whenever you want, wherever you want.