MACMILLAN EDUCATION IBERIA
Macmillan Education Iberia was founded in 1987 and, since then, has gone on to establish itself as one of the most important educational publishers in Spain. We proudly work hand-in-hand with teachers to produce high-quality, trusted educational materials and services and support the users of our products in getting the most from what we publish.
Important milestones in Macmillan Education Iberia
- 1988: Our first publication – New Generation
- 1989: Our first Macmillan Teachers’ Day. Since then, over 150,000 teachers have taken part in our dynamic training events.
- 1992: Big Red Bus wins the Duke of Edinburgh award for innovation in Education.
- 2007: Nature wins the prestigious Prince of Asturias award.
- 2013: Macmillan & Edelvives join forces to create ByME, the most successful bilingual project in Spain.
- 2015: Life Skills wins an ELTons award for innovation in teacher resources.
- 2016: Dex wins an ESU award for Best Resources for Young Learners
- 2016: Macmillan joins forces with Editions Maison des Langues, offering French language courses.
- 2017: Anti-bullying programme KiVa is launched in Spain.
- 2018: BQ and Macmillan team up and release bMaker.
Macmillan Education Iberia today
Today, Macmillan Education Iberia boasts more than 250 employees in Spain. We have offices in all the major cities throughout the country, including in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia, A Coruña and Seville.
Now, over 68,000 teachers in 14,000 schools teach with Macmillan products, reaching more than 2.5 million students. We have published more than 2,200 digital and texts books in Spain, including 600 children’s literature titles since 2007.