They think they’re playing. We know they are learning.
Big Wheel is a 3-level course with a unique Hop on & Hop off approach that gives teachers the flexibility they need in their classes. With engaging topics, adorable characters and rich video content including animated stories and songs, pupils’ learning becomes both effective and enjoyable.
- Flexibility: A unique Hop on & Hop off approach gives teachers the freedom to follow the units in any order they choose and align topics with other parts of the curriculum.
- Engaging video resources in every unit:
– Fully animated stories and story songs featuring, Mimi and her family, that present language in an engaging and enjoyable context.
– Culture videos: offer a unique mix of real life British children and animation to present traditional rhymes, chants and stories.
– Speaking videos: allow pupils to see children their own age using the target language in an authentic context.
- Social and emotional learning: Big Wheel puts children’s wellbeing at the heart of learning. Values lessons are reinforced through catchy songs to sing and act out, help children develop the social and emotional skills that prepare them for the wider world.
- Easy-to-use projects: carefully staged projects introduce pupils to aspects of cooperative learning and encourage creativity and personalisation while using the language learned in each unit.
- Classroom management made simple: All resources can be found in one place including Tap & Teach lessons which allow teachers to deliver clearly sequenced lessons with minimum preparation.
Flexibility: Big Wheel’s innovative flexibitity facilitates a holistic approach to learning. Teachers can hop on and teach the units in the order they appear or they can hop off and teach the topic units in the order they wish.
With the standard and PLUS versions teachers can easily adjust the material to suit the number of hours and expected learner outcomes.
BENEFITS OF USING MACMILLAN PRE-PRIMARY BOOKS
- Macmillan Education Pre-primary materials give a meaningful, motivating context in which to learn and build pupils’ confidence in English from day one.
- Course characters, stories, songs, videos and worksheets are all integrated to provide pupils with the practice and reinforcement they need for successful learning.
- Our courses incorporate the latest classroom trends such as emotional intelligence, cross-curricular lessons, projects for pupils to learn through doing, values and citizenship and critical and creative thinking.
- We actively listen to feedback from hundreds of teachers every year to make sure we create materials that meet your needs.
- Our courses come with a complete range of resources that saves time and provides you with the flexibility you need to give effective and engaging classes for all types of learners.
- Our clear teacher’s notes guide you through the course and provide optional activities, tips and strategies to develop teaching skills and cater for your teaching situation.
- With our courses, you can feel confident that your teaching follows current legislation and that we’ll provide you with the course documentation to plan your year.
- Macmillan courses provide parents with a record of what their children are learning in class.
- Macmillan courses strengthens a home-link that enables parents to support their child’s learning by watching the engaging videos and singing the motivating songs together with their child.
COMPONENTS FOR TEACHERS
Download sample material from Big Wheel and try it for yourself. We’re confident you will love what you find!
Have a look at a unit of Big Wheel to see how it can improve your classes.
Additional resources to supplement your coursebook: videos, audio files, flashcards, worksheets… giving you endless options for adapting your classes to you and your students’ needs.
A wealth of articles, videos, tips and practical classroom activities to give your classes that personal touch. Click below to see a sample of some of the tools you will have access to.
And much more…
Exclusive tools and resources to make the most of your classes and give you the support you need.