They think they’re playing. We know they are learning.
Big Wheel is a 3-level course with a unique Hop on & Hop off approach that gives teachers the flexibility they need in their classes. With engaging topics, adorable characters and rich video content including animated stories and songs, pupils’ learning becomes both effective and enjoyable.
- Flexibility: A unique Hop on & Hop off approach gives teachers the freedom to follow the units in any order they choose and align topics with other parts of the curriculum.
- Engaging video resources in every unit:
– Fully animated stories and story songs featuring Mimi and her family, that present language in an engaging and enjoyable context.
– Culture videos: offer a unique mix of real life British children and animation to present traditional rhymes, chants and stories.
– Speaking videos: allow pupils to see children their own age using the target language in an authentic context.
- Social and emotional learning: Big Wheel puts children’s wellbeing at the heart of learning. Values lessons are reinforced through catchy songs to sing and act out, help children develop the social and emotional skills that prepare them for the wider world.
- Easy-to-use projects: carefully staged projects introduce pupils to aspects of cooperative learning and encourage creativity and personalisation while using the language learned in each unit.
- Teaching time made simple: Teacher’s Guide with extra activities, Adaptation Pack with ideas to help children settle, all your digital resources in one place and Carol Read’s exclusive Teaching Tip videos.
Flexibility: Big Wheel’s innovative flexibitity facilitates a holistic approach to learning. Teachers can hop on and teach the units in the order they appear or they can hop off and teach the topic units in the order they wish.
With the standard and PLUS versions teachers can easily adjust the material to suit the number of hours and expected learner outcomes.
Win a trip to London for an exclusive ELT workshop!
Enter our fun story competition to win a fantastic trip to London, hop on the London Eye and learn new skills in our exclusive ELT workshop with Big Wheel author Carol Read.
While in London, 10 lucky Pre-Primary teachers will:
- Gain new teaching ideas from fellow ELT teachers, Macmillan experts and Big Wheel author Carol Read.
- Make new friendships are you share teaching experiences with fellow ELT teachers from around the world
- Explore London on a bus tour and see the sights by hopping on the London Eye!
How to enter:
- Film a video no longer than 1 minute long telling us a story about what happens to Mimi the meerkat and her brother Dylan when they go to London, starting with:“One day Mimi and Dylan go to London…”
- Read the Terms & Conditions
- Submit your video and cross your fingers!
Entry deadline: 31 March 2020
Winners announced: 18 April 2020
Prize trip to London: between 13 and 16 July 2020
Need some inspiration? Check out a video of Mimi and Dylan playing together in one of Big Wheel’s Story Animations here:
BENEFITS OF USING MACMILLAN PRE-PRIMARY BOOKS
- Macmillan Education Pre-primary materials give a meaningful, motivating context in which to learn and build pupils’ confidence in English from day one.
- Course characters, stories, songs, videos and worksheets are all integrated to provide pupils with the practice and reinforcement they need for successful learning.
- Our courses incorporate the latest classroom trends such as emotional intelligence, cross-curricular lessons, projects for pupils to learn through doing, values and citizenship and critical and creative thinking.
- We actively listen to feedback from hundreds of teachers every year to make sure we create materials that meet your needs.
- Our courses come with a complete range of resources that saves time and provides you with the flexibility you need to give effective and engaging classes for all types of learners.
- Our clear teacher’s notes guide you through the course and provide optional activities, tips and strategies to develop teaching skills and cater for your teaching situation.
- With our courses, you can feel confident that your teaching follows current legislation and that we’ll provide you with the course documentation to plan your year.
- Macmillan courses provide parents with a record of what their children are learning in class.
- Macmillan courses strengthens a home-link that enables parents to support their child’s learning by watching the engaging videos and singing the motivating songs together with their child.
COMPONENTS FOR TEACHERS
Download sample material from Big Wheel and try it for yourself. We’re confident you will love what you find!
Have a look at a unit of Big Wheel to see how it can improve your classes.
As part of our commitment to teachers, we offer ongoing teacher training programmes to help teachers face the many challenges posed by a constantly evolving and changing world. You will continue your professional development and broaden your skills range in order to reach your true potential as a teacher.
In this webinar, we will discuss the benefits of a whole child approach. We will also explore a range of practical ideas to integrate learning English with Children’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive and creative development in a holistic and engaging way.
Additional resources to supplement your coursebook: videos, audio files, flashcards, worksheets… giving you endless options for adapting your classes to you and your students’ needs.
A wealth of articles, videos, tips and practical classroom activities to give your classes that personal touch. Click below to see a sample of some of the tools you will have access to.
And much more…
Exclusive tools and resources to make the most of your classes and give you the support you need.