They think theyâ€™re playing.Â We know they are learning.
Big Wheel is a 3-level course with a unique Hop on & Hop off approach that gives teachers the flexibility they need in their classes. With engaging topics, adorable characters and rich video content including animated stories and songs, pupilsâ€™ learning becomes both effective and enjoyable.Â
- Flexibility: A unique Hop on & Hop off approach gives teachers the freedom to follow the units in any order they choose and align topics with other parts of the curriculum.
- Engaging video resources in every unit:
– Fully animated stories and story songs featuring Mimi and her family, that present language in an engaging and enjoyable context.
– Culture videos: offer a unique mix of real life British children and animation to present traditional rhymes, chants and stories.
– Speaking videos: allow pupils to see children their own age using the target language in an authentic context.
- Social and emotional learning: Big Wheel puts childrenâ€™s wellbeing at the heart of learning. Values lessons are reinforced through catchy songs to sing and act out, help children develop the social and emotional skills that prepare them for the wider world.
- Easy-to-use projects: carefully staged projects introduce pupils to aspects of cooperative learning and encourage creativity and personalisation while using the language learned in each unit.
- Teaching time made simple: Teacherâ€™s Guide with extra activities, Adaptation Pack with ideas to help children settle, all your digital resources in one place and Carol Readâ€™s exclusive Teaching Tip videos.
Flexibility:Â Big Wheelâ€™s innovative flexibitity facilitates a holistic approach to learning. Teachers can hop on and teach the units in the order they appear or they can hop off and teach the topic units in the order they wish.
With the standard and PLUS versions teachers can easily adjust the material to suit the number of hours and expected learner outcomes.
With two versions of Big Wheel to choose from, teachers can decide which option best fulfils their learners’ needs according to their learning goals and the number of hours of English.
The PLUS edition includes:
+ 2 extra units on a range of fun and engaging topics like Space, the Seaside and Bugs!
+ 3 extra lessons per unit: Vocabulary, Language and Content
+ More vocabulary practice to support increased output.
+ More language practice to boost production.
+ A content lesson exploring a cross-curricular area.
+ 1 project at the end of every unit with templates and a bank ofÂ ideas for teachers.
+ Values and Culture lessons integrated into each unit.
Take a look insideâ€¦
Explore one of Big Wheel PLUSâ€™ extra lessons on Space for level 1.
Compare and contrast
If youâ€™d like to take a look at Big Wheel alongside Big Wheel PLUS, visit our SAMPLE MATERIAL section.
Need an expert opinion?
Contact a member of our Sales Team and they will be happy to advise you on which version best fits your classâ€™ needs.
Navio is the digital solution for teaching and learning English.
Pupils personalise their own avatar before becoming immersed in a 3D world that they discover as they complete activities in English, gaining rewards and knowledge as they go, accompanied by their meerkat avatar guides. With intuitive navigation and a gamified environment, pupils are motivated to progress through the levels.
Teachers enjoy a easy-to-use Tap and Teach lessons, a Resource Bank with Songs and Videos and a Progress Tracker to monitor individual and class progress.
Families can encourage their little ones to keep practising English at home thanks to the Song and Story islands in Navio, strengthening the home-school connection.
What do real teachers, families and pupils think?
BENEFITS OF USING MACMILLAN PRE-PRIMARY BOOKS
- Macmillan Education Pre-primary materials give aÂ meaningful, motivating contextÂ in which to learn and build pupilsâ€™ confidence in English from day one.
- Course characters, stories, songs, videos and worksheets are allÂ integratedÂ to provide pupils with the practice and reinforcement they need for successful learning.
- Our courses incorporate theÂ latest classroomÂ trends such as emotional intelligence, cross-curricular lessons, projects for pupils to learn through doing, values and citizenship and critical and creative thinking.
- We actively listen toÂ feedback from hundreds of teachersÂ every year to make sure we create materials that meet your needs.
- Our courses come with aÂ complete range of resourcesÂ that saves time and provides you with the flexibility you need to give effective and engaging classes for all types of learners.
- Our clearÂ teacherâ€™s notesÂ guide you through the course and provide optional activities, tips and strategies to develop teaching skills and cater for your teaching situation.
- With our courses, you can feel confident that your teaching follows currentÂ legislationÂ and that weâ€™ll provide you with the courseÂ documentationÂ to plan your year.
- Macmillan courses provide parents with aÂ recordÂ of what their children are learning in class.
- Macmillan courses strengthens aÂ home-linkÂ that enables parents to support their childâ€™s learning by watching the engaging videos and singing the motivating songs together with their child.
COMPONENTS FOR TEACHERS
Download sample material from Big Wheel and try it for yourself. Weâ€™re confident you will love what you find!
Have a look at a unit of Big Wheel to see how it can improve your classes.
As part of our commitment to teachers, we offer ongoing teacher training programmes to help teachers face the many challenges posed by a constantly evolving and changing world. You will continue your professional development and broaden your skills range in order to reach your true potential as a teacher.
In this webinar, we will discuss the benefits of a whole child approach. We will also explore a range of practical ideas to integrate learning English with Children’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive and creative development in a holistic and engaging way.
Additional resources to supplement your coursebook: videos, audio files, flashcards, worksheetsâ€¦ giving you endless options for adapting your classes to you and your studentsâ€™ needs.
A wealth of articles, videos, tips and practical classroom activities to give your classes that personal touch. Click below to see a sample of some of the tools you will have access to.
And much more…
Exclusive tools and resources to make the most of your classes and give you the support you need.