Learning starts in the heartâŠ
Kids Can! is a primary course that helps every child to discover the connection between what they love and what they can learn to do in English!
- Kids Can! sparks pupilsâ curiosity!
Curiosity is the spark that motivates children to learn – the place where learning starts! Kids Can! engages childrenâs natural curiosity and invites them to question, explore cross-curricular topics, and discover their own interests and passion for learning. Using curiosity to create optimum learning conditions and help pupils make the connection between what they love and what they can do is at the heart of Kids Can!Â
- Â Kids Can! inspires pupilsâ creativity!
Creative expression plays a key role in childrenâs emotional development, and in Kids Can! pupils can explore, develop and share their own imagination and ideas to create something new, by incorporating activities including art, dance, poetry, creative thinking, problem solving and critical thinking. Â
- Kids Can! develops real communication skills and real confidence!
Real world content and videos with real children motivate and ignite pupilsâ natural curiosity to discover about themselves and the world around them. Kids Can! gives pupils a purpose to communicate in real everyday situations and builds the skills and confidence they need to be able to achieve this.Â
- Kids Can! fosters collaboration!
Cooperative learning and working together on projects all build social and emotional skills. In Kids Can!, Social & Emotional Learning and values are contextualised in stories, and culture lessons help pupils grow up to be inquisitive, kind and responsible global citizens.
- Kids Can! supports and celebrates âEvery-Ability Classesâ!
Kids Can! has teachersâ needs and their pupilsâ needs at its heart, and offers carefully designed content, digital resources, tools and tips, and adapted materials for mixed ability classes. This easy-to-use course offers real support and also helps to create an inclusive climate in class – where every childâs interests and talents are celebrated and every childâs needs are supported.
Alignment with the LOMLOE
At Macmillan we have accompanied teachers through several educational reforms, and the changes brought in with the LOMLOE will be no exception. As experts in education and leaders in investigation and innovation, we constantly strive to be by your side with the materials you need.
Navio: The digital solution for teaching and learning English.
Pupils personalise their own avatar before becoming immersed in a 3D world that they discover as they complete activities in English, gaining rewards and knowledge as they go, accompanied by their avatar guides. With intuitive navigation and a gamified environment, pupils are motivated to progress through the levels.
Teachers enjoy a seamless transition between the course book and digital teaching activities, with the option to track both individual and class progress and allocating additional rewards and points. With both online and offline access to the Macmillan Education Teacherâs App.
Families feel reassured knowing that children are practising English in a safe and enjoyable digital environment, strengthening the home-school connection.
What do real teachers, families and pupils think?
Ready for any scenario
The ways in which we teach and learn are continually evolving, making not just what we teach but how we teach more important than ever. In class, at home, or mixed modality, Macmillan can provide you with the 360Âș print, digital and service to meet your teaching needs.
Flexible learning solutions
Get the most out of your course with material that fits any teaching or learning scenario.
- Classic print books full of engaging stories and characters.
- Interactive Digital Pupilâs Books (all levels) providing a rich, customisable learning experience – compatible with your school platform.
- Digital Activity Books and Digital Essential Activity Books (all levels) for consolidation exercises in line with the Pupilâs Book.
- Pupilâs App on NAVIO with interactive activities in an immersive 3D world.
- Online-offline Macmillan Education Teacherâs App:
– Classroom Presentation Kit
– Progress Tracker with automatic marking and reward system
– Resource Bank with multimedia content
– Test Generator
- Extra resources with Macmillan Advantage
First rate technical support
- Digital welcome pack with quick-start online training + intuitive tutorial videos to get started with your new digital materials.
- Support for multiple operating systems and devices.
- Fast and friendly customer service via our free digital support phone-line with callback service + our FAQs website.
The Macmillan Promise
To help you teach confidently in any scenario, we provide ongoing professional development webinars, instructional videos and blogs on our website and via Macmillan Advantage.
- Online expert training in a wide range of teaching skills.
- Rapid access to customised digital solutions for remote teaching.
- Access to additional resources for use in class.
How Kids Can!Â helps you create an inclusive learning environment
We know each learner has different strengths and weaknesses, and learns best in different ways. In order to build on individual capabilities, helping students to learn and teachers to create an inclusive learning environment, each of our courses provides a range of components and methodology that helps you to meet the needs of everyone in your classroom.
- Kids Can! strives to create an inclusive classroom climate, where every childâs interests and talents are celebrated and their needs are supported.
- Every ability is addressed through scaffolded tasks which support and guide children of all abilities through their learning journey.
- The âevery-abilityâ icons remind the teacher that there are alternative outcomes for certain activities to ensure that every pupil has the chance to participate and learn.
- The Something for Everything pack for teachers contains worksheets at 3 levels and the unit, termly and end-of-year exams exam comes in standard and higher levels.
- The course characters come from different ethnic backgrounds and the artwork depicts an inclusive environment, taking care to include children with glasses and children with physical handicaps.
- The stories are crafted around Social and Emotional Learning aspects and include making new friends, working together and helping the community.
- Activity Book / Essentials Activity Book: the option of two Activity Books, one standard and one with a greater emphasis on receptive skills for pupils who need more reinforcement and consolidation, allows teachers to choose which version is more suitable for each learner.
- Kids Can! Extra Fun: this component includes a range of fun activities to motivate all kinds of learners.
- Test Generator: this digital component allows teachers to personalise the tests for their pupils.
- Something for Everyone pack: this includes worksheets of three different levels.
- Unit, termly and end-of-year tests with baseline and higher-level versions.
Want some additional practical tips and ideas on how to create an inclusive learning environment? Visit our Ănicos page, where a range of experts share their experience and offer practical advice.
COMPONENTS FOR TEACHERS
Watch the Magic Rucksack turn into Sam the Squirrel!
Download sample material from Kids Can! and try it for yourself. Weâre confident you will love what you find!
Have a look at a unit ofÂ Kids Can to see how it can improve your classes.
Additional resources to supplement your coursebook: videos, audio files, flashcards, worksheetsâŠ giving you endless options for adapting your classes to you and your studentsâ needs.
A wealth of articles, videos, tips and practical classroom activities to give your classes that personal touch. Click below to see a sample of some of the tools you will have access to.
And much more…
Exclusive tools and resources to make the most of your classes and give you the support you need.