Lead the Way is a LOMLOE-compliant course that takes primary pupils one step further in language learning and develops social-emotional learning, teamwork and communication skills.
- Leading the way with multi-literaciesA unique focus on multi-literacies via visually engaging multi-media texts which develop essential critical, visual and information literacy skills; guiding students to become better language learners by developing their linguistic mediation skills and their ability to facilitate mutual understanding of texts.Â
- Leading the way to bilingualismBuilding bridges between subjects to facilitate cross-curricular learning, and carefully links English and Science content. This supports teaching and learning and allows teachers to easily recycle and reinforce key science content within the English classroom, and encourages children to develop plurilingual strategies.
- Leading the way with real world communicationProviding real world content that gives students a genuine purpose to communicate in meaningful real-world contexts.Â Termly projects require pupils to work collaboratively to respond to inspiring real-world challenges and learning situations, which activate problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Leading the way to inclusive classroomsOffering new solutions and a wealth of innovative resources for supporting âEvery Abilityâ classes. Teachers have the toolsÂ to create an inclusive classroom in which every child learns, in every lesson, to the very best of their ability, setting them up for exam success.
- Leading the way to wellbeingWith a social and emotional learning syllabus supported by optional mindfulness resources, which creates a positive classroom environment optimum for child-centred learning. Nurturing lifelong learning strategies, and a responsible attitude towards sustainability and inclusivity, Lead the Way has global citizenship and wellbeing at its heart.
Alignment with the LOMLOE
At Macmillan Education we strive to be by your side with the materials you need, thatâs why all of our courses meet the requirements of the LOMLOE, and we have created an area with useful information and a LOMLOE Help DeskÂ here.
Navio: The digital solution for teaching and learning English.
Pupils personalise their own avatar before becoming immersed in a 3D world that they discover as they complete activities in English, gaining rewards and knowledge as they go, accompanied by their avatar guides. With intuitive navigation and a gamified environment, pupils are motivated to progress through the levels.
Teachers enjoy a seamless transition between the course book and digital teaching activities, with the option to track both individual and class progress and allocating additional rewards and points. With both online and offline access to the Macmillan Education Teacherâs App.
Families feel reassured knowing that children are practising English in a safe and enjoyable digital environment, strengthening the home-school connection.
What do real teachers, families and pupils think?
COMPONENTS FOR TEACHERS
Have a look at a unit of LEAD THE WAYÂ to see how it can improve your classes.
Additional resources to supplement your coursebook: videos, audio files, flashcards, worksheetsâŠ giving you endless options for adapting your classes to you and your studentsâ needs.
A wealth of articles, videos, tips and practical classroom activities to give your classes that personal touch. Click below to see a sample of some of the tools you will have access to.
And much more…
Exclusive tools and resources to make the most of your classes and give you the support you need.