STEM BOX – PRIMARY:¬† YEARS 3 – 6
Our STEM Boxes contain a range of curriculum aligned activity cards and a teacher resource book to ease lesson planning and support enquiry-based learning.
What does the box include?
- ¬†120 laminated student cards:
- 20 different investigations organised into five themes
- Six copies of each card (printable versions as well)
- ¬†A comprehensive full Teacher Resource Book with full online access.
- ¬†STEM Box Years 3-4
- ¬†STEM Box Years 5-6
Tick every box with STEM Investigations:
- ¬†Easy to use
- ¬†Expert authors
- ¬†Supports classroom differentiation
- ¬†Curriculum aligned
- ¬†Highest quality
- ¬†Extremely good value
- For Middle and Upper Primary
Resource Book and Digital Resources provide:
- ¬†STEM implementation support
- ¬†Links to useful resources including videos, learning objectives, apps and websites
- ¬†Detailed curriculum links
- ¬†Support to utilise the Design Thinking process
- ¬†Suggested pacing schedule
- ¬†Assessment resources such as rubrics and self-assessment
The Design Thinking process:
- ¬†Made famous by Stanford University Design School
- ¬†Guides students through the stages required to produce an end product
- ¬†Stage 1 ‚Äď empathise with and find different points of view
- ¬†Stage 2 ‚Äď define the issue
- ¬†Stage 3 ‚Äď ideate by generating lots of ideas
- ¬†Stage 4 ‚Äď create a prototype
- ¬†Stage 5 ‚Äď test their design.
STEM Investigations are organised into five themes:
- ¬†Built World ‚Äďmachines, building designs, town planning and transportation.
- ¬†Managed World ‚Äď human-made systems, communities and manufacturing.
- ¬†Natural World ‚Äď animal and plant life cycles, adaptations, geological changes, extreme events and chemical science.
- ¬†Sustainable World ‚Äď finite resources, human interactions with the natural world and sustainability.
- ¬†Each investigation card presents a real life situation
- ¬†Guided enquiry approach
- ¬†Every card requires the application of STEM
- ¬†Ability to work individually, in pairs or in groups.
How it works:
- ¬†The challenge outlines key scientific learning and questions to consider
- ¬†Key understandings identify curriculum links
- ¬†Key vocabulary lists terms and definitions that are important for the investigation
- ¬†Key actions give an overview of the task
- ¬†Design thinking stages explores relevant thinking
- ¬†The big picture provides a snippet of information to spark student interest.